Author Topic: Howto: Setup GNUnet to use hostlists on TOR Hidden services/ I2P eepsites  (Read 7548 times)

Offline crypton

• Elite
    • View Profile
Howto:GNUnet with Privoxy and Tor or GNUnet with I2P

GNUnet with Privoxy and Tor

1.Install Privoxy as usual.

2.Install Tor as usual.

3.Set up Privoxy to route requets through Tor:

3.1The Tor site directions will route all Web traffic through Tor. This may be slower than you want to put up with.

3.2To just route requests for some hosts, you can restrict the scope of the forward-socks4a directives. Part of my Privoxy configuration reads (I deleted a few of the sites I redirect to Tor out of anonymity interest because they are lesser known):

forward-socks4a .onion localhost:9050 .
forward-socks4a .exit localhost:9050 .
forward-socks4a .google.com localhost:9050 .
forward-socks4a .sun.com localhost:9050 .
forward-socks4a .real.com localhost:9050 .

3.2 At minimum you should set Privoxy to route .onion and .exit through Tor, using the first two lines above, because only Tor uses these top level domains.

4.Install GNUnet as usual.

5.Edit your gnunet.conf to use Privoxy, by changing the HTTP-PROXY and HTTP-PROXY-PORT directives to read:

HTTP-PROXY = localhost
HTTP-PROXY-PORT = 8118

6.Edit your HOSTLISTURL directive, either adding or replacing the previous addresses with http://ggi6ii3vww45ydgy.onion/gnunet/hostlist and/or others.

GNUnet with I2P

7. You can use GNUnet Hostlist over I2P too.

Edit your gnunet.conf by changing the HTTP-PROXY and HTTP-PROXY-PORT directives to read:

HTTP-PROXY = localhost
HTTP-PROXY-PORT = 4444

You must make a eepsite with hostlist and put your I2P eepsite link into HOSTLISTURL( i have put there a example eepsite link)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 08:36:59 PM by defnax »