Author Topic: Step-by-Step instruction to setting up Waste Wanted  (Read 4349 times)

Offline Hoax

• Planet Peer Community
    • View Profile
Step-by-Step instruction to setting up Waste Wanted
« on: May 22, 2005, 09:48:54 AM »
Hi, This is My First Post ;D

I am new WASTE and was wondering if anyone could give me some step-by-step instructions to settting it up. I have just downloaded it and am finding it a bit confusing to set up. ???

Offline Nemo

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Step-by-Step instruction to setting up Waste Wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 01:44:42 PM »
Welcome on Planetpeer!  :)

I am new WASTE and was wondering if anyone could give me some step-by-step instructions to settting it up. I have just downloaded it and am finding it a bit confusing to set up. ???
WASTE is not an anonymous P2P network, which you can start and join like others. It's a collaboration tool, and every members trust each other 100%. It's made for chatting and file sharing with your friends, while all network traffic between the WASTE nodes is encrypted (it's like a virtual private network over an insecure transport medium like the Internet).

More information about WASTE:
Some time ago I wrote a little text with thoughts about anonymous networks.
Wikipedia has an article about WASTE.

If you still want to try WASTE, then I will give you some hints for setup a small WASTE network with your friends.  8)

Greetings,
Nemo.

Offline Hoax

• Planet Peer Community
    • View Profile
Re: Step-by-Step instruction to setting up Waste Wanted
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 05:09:27 AM »
Welcome on Planetpeer!  :)

WASTE is not an anonymous P2P network, which you can start and join like others. It's a collaboration tool, and every members trust each other 100%. It's made for chatting and file sharing with your friends, while all network traffic between the WASTE nodes is encrypted (it's like a virtual private network over an insecure transport medium like the Internet).

More information about WASTE:
Some time ago I wrote a little text with thoughts about anonymous networks.
Wikipedia has an article about WASTE.

If you still want to try WASTE, then I will give you some hints for setup a small WASTE network with your friends.  8)

Greetings,
Nemo.

Yes can you please show me thse hints, I can only setup WASTE using the internal IP's(ie; 192.168.1.x)