Author Topic: problem with the new update  (Read 5654 times)

Offline dsoslglece

• Regular
    • View Profile
problem with the new update
« on: November 11, 2008, 09:12:06 AM »
Hi
I got the new update, and after some install problems : it seems to "have-to-be" on the start disc with the other apps, and after trying few times to install it on a secured HD where the previous version worked OK, I finally renounced, installed it in the applications directory, and it went OK (Mac OS X 10.4.11)...

So now, it is installed and opened, and the browser shows the interface... and it seems to be wanting to work fine... only one thing, it looks and looks for connections, and says that finding no "friend" connections, it cant connect...

Of course it is obvious since it seems to be in the default Darknet mode... I saw somewhere though, that in such case one can just change to Opennet ("You can activate the less secure mode (Opennet) to obtain connections quickly and automatically"), in fact it is how I did with the other versions, and even if it was less sure, it was good enough for me...

So, I looked for the place to activate opennet... but I can't locate this...

Is this an error in the text, or in the app, or in my eye sight ?   :)

Thanks for helping me

Offline dsoslglece

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: problem with the new update
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 01:32:01 PM »
So, t'was my eye sight!! I finally find the place to go to opennet... in the place to choose the different levels of security!... so don't bother to answer to me... hope it may help others like me in the need of glasses. :D

Offline dsoslglece

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: problem with the new update
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 05:38:05 PM »
Well, I corrected the config to get through Opennet, but it doesn't really help. It is now since the beginning of the afternoon that it tries to connect saying that it can take a few minutes to do so... I know this, it was the same earlier, only it was only few minutes, and soon after one was able to connect to indexes... now it says that the address was impossible to contact (the indexes from the home page!)... So, something must definitely be wrong...

I've verified the openings in the firewall (never even had to do it that much, earlier)... in my router, and in LittleSnitch...
and so, I opened:

Darknet FNP : 31790/UDP
Opennet FNP : 57670/UDP

and for freenet added to the older 56890, 49034, 46601, 60368, 41452, 57670,  the one indicated in the last version 31790

Since LittleSnitch stops only the outgoing traffic, I gave to "freenet-ext.jar" and "Freenet-stable-latest.jar" authorisations to go anywhere.but never had to do so earlier.

By the way, earlier, it was "java.Freenet.node.NodeStarter" that seemed to act, and that was wisibly active in the LittleSnitch monitor window, but now, even if I can see it in this monitor, it shows no activity whatsoever, up or down... and I was unable to locate it in the folder or anywhere else...

I'd be very obliged with some help of someone... thanks