Author Topic: [stw] resolved problem connecting Ants (mac osx)  (Read 3190 times)

Offline dsoslglece

• Regular
    • View Profile
[stw] resolved problem connecting Ants (mac osx)
« on: February 25, 2008, 07:03:48 AM »
Hi,
since a year now, I'd been trying to use Ants and, it sort of worked, but provided it managed to connect, especially with the newer versions, where it some time spent the whole day and night trying, and only some times succeeded. That problem was even worse when using Kerj.
I recently read one of the stickies here, concerning "being behind a router" of course, my router is configured to let Ants pass, but I never before in the official documents, had seen any allusion to such situation, and seing that one could enter as ip a dyndns one, I decided to try it.
Earlier, Ants found and used exclusively my IPV6 address, refusing point blanck any other. But when after having entered (how suggested on the sticky) my dyndns address, plus checked the box for remembering it, not only it succeeded connecting every times, but also it connected very fast, much faster then with other address: only few seconds.
So, probably that could be the missing info for mac users.
Incidentally I read in Kerj official posts, that Kerj doesn't work for mac (yet it did earlier so), and I still intend to try it with that new data since it may be the solution.  :)
So, good luck other macs, hoping it works as good for you than for me  ;)

Offline ezzye

• Regular
  • Planet Peer Community
    • View Profile
Re: [stw] resolved problem connecting Ants (mac osx)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 06:28:23 AM »
I need Mac users to test latest version of ANts p2p www.Dargens.com  .

Please give it a try and report back here.

Thanks