Author Topic: FBR?  (Read 2184 times)

Offline bruce

• View Profile
FBR?
« on: December 28, 2007, 12:50:04 AM »
1. My second day using OFF and I'm not totally lost yet, but I'm finding the learning curve steep!  I'm using 0.18.00 and in the log I'm see this over.  What can I do or need to do?

19:09:57:  remove_oldest_inactive_FBR(): ERROR: Couldn't find inactive FBRs!

2. I am distributing files, I've entered into OFF.  I see that in the top right corner, plus I've got key files of what I've entered.  ... OFFSystem\store is empty. Should I load "OFFSystem\store" with what I've already entered?

Thanks in advance for puzzles you answer.

Offline OFF-meister

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: FBR?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 11:32:55 PM »
Sorry, I've been away for a bit. I see there are a few new questions.
I'll try to post answers tomorrow.

Happy New Year All!
The OFF Dev Team

Offline bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 04:53:27 AM »
Thank you for using your time to help!

The FBR error is still occurring, but doesn't seem to be going on all the time.  The second question seems to have answered itself.

Offline OFF-meister

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 03:07:32 PM »
1. My second day using OFF and I'm not totally lost yet, but I'm finding the learning curve steep!  I'm using 0.18.00 and in the log I'm see this over.  What can I do or need to do?

Sorry for the delay Bruce. Don't panic. There are lots of things that you don't need to care about. Most of the details are just historic debugging features. It really needs a clean up, which will happen soon.

Don't worry about this message. It is one of many debugging messages. It was supposed to come up in development releases only. FBR stands for "failed block request", that means another node asked you for a block that your node didn't have, and your node was going to attempt to find it, so that it could keep it on hand...  However, other more important requests came in and your node is giving up on that one before it found it. That will not be a problem, because if it is appropriate for you to find it, someone else will ask you again later.

We are taking that message out of the general release.

2. I am distributing files, I've entered into OFF.  I see that in the top right corner, plus I've got key files of what I've entered.  ... OFFSystem\store is empty. Should I load "OFFSystem\store" with what I've already entered?
The \store directory is purely historical now. It used to be where files were uploaded to, using the browser interface, prior to being inserted into the system. You won't find anything in there now.

All of your blocks will first go into your blockcache directory. As your insertions are being distributed, those blocks will also be copied onto other nodes as well. You will never see a "file" of what you inserted anywhere.

You just need to keep the URL so you can access it. The URLs are referred to as "keys" in a couple of places. That will change too.