Author Topic: Portable MUTE  (Read 4328 times)

Offline Tritonio

• View Profile
Portable MUTE
« on: January 13, 2007, 12:57:31 PM »
Hello everyone!
I uploaded to my website a portable version of Mute.
It has these differences
1. Much Smaller. The whole mute directory is 9MB instead of 20MB. I simply used UPX http://upx.sourceforge.net/ to compress the EXE and the DLLs.
2. Manifest file so that is looks more like other XP programs.
3. Status.exe is simple a program that views the logfile on it's window every 2 seconds.
4. Broadcast Probability changed to 5%. Just an expiriment... ;-) You can edit broadcastProbability.ini to change it back to 0%.
5. Cleanup.bat to delete all logs.
6. Greek language support. 8)

Just run the SFX and unzip it to your USB drive and it should be working fine. (perhaps you will want to add your own webcaches)

The file can be found here: http://students.ceid.upatras.gr/~asimakis/progs.html

Offline philharmoni

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Portable MUTE
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 01:52:25 PM »
Hi Tritonio,

Welcome at planetpeer! Good work and some useful improvements!

The problem is, that the development of Mute seems to sleep forever. On the other hand, the developer of the alternative Mute-Client MFC Mute has announced a new version of his client for february/march, which then possibly will be incompatible to the Mute-Network. So, if you are interested in co-developing Mute, it could be an good idea, to support the development of MFC Mute - or to start your own Mute-Client-Project on the basis of Mute. However, it would be nice to hear some good news about Mute or an other Mute-based Client in the future  :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 01:54:48 PM by philharmoni »

Offline Tritonio

• View Profile
Re: Portable MUTE
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 02:15:05 PM »
I updated the program. There are two versions. Portable version of MUTE MFC (~1.1MB) and a portable version of MUTE 0.5.1. (~5.4MB)