Author Topic: RShare Anonymous ?  (Read 3928 times)

Offline ToN

• View Profile
RShare Anonymous ?
« on: August 15, 2006, 07:23:55 PM »
Hi,

I'm using the newest pre-release of RShare, and someone I know is using RShare too.
We did a test to download a file, to see or our IP is crypted, but no, I can see the real IP
of the other person.
What must we do to use RShare anonymous ??

« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 07:26:35 PM by ToN »

Offline Markus

• Administrator
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • http://www.planetpeer.de
Re: RShare Anonymous ?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 10:31:45 PM »
Hi,

I'm using the newest pre-release of RShare, and someone I know is using RShare too.
We did a test to download a file, to see or our IP is crypted, but no, I can see the real IP
of the other person.
I guess that the IP address you saw was only one among many others, right?

What must we do to use RShare anonymous ??
The routing algorithm should normally route (encrypted) data trough other nodes and should not establish direct connections between two nodes, although this happens sometimes. Please note that this depends on a couple of factors like number of nodes in the network and the forementioned routing algorithm.

Cheers,
Markus

Offline ToN

• View Profile
Re: RShare Anonymous ?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 12:03:28 AM »

Hi Markus, thanks for reply.

I'm using NetLimiter, and I tried several times to download a file... and every time I saw on NetLimiter that
I received data from the same person, and that person is the one I'm talking about, a friend of mine,
and I saw his IP, not another IP, but his ! (even after some restarts of RShare).
Okay, maybe the reason is that there are not much users... or a little bug in the program... hopefully this
will be better in future versions... and/or when there are more users.
But till now I like RShare...