Author Topic: W-A-S-T-E S-p-e-c-i-a-l E-d-i-t-i-o-n 2  (Read 13535 times)

Offline crypton

• Elite
    • View Profile
W-A-S-T-E S-p-e-c-i-a-l E-d-i-t-i-o-n 2
« on: July 17, 2006, 03:01:16 PM »
hi

I have added into W-A-S-T-E 1.6.421 source  2 Buttons into gui  for transfers and Preferences.

changes for W-A-S-T-E 1.6.421:
Release Notes:
Changed about page in an act of freedom of expression. Never let it be said I'm trying to take credit for SourceForge's accomplishments
 Added encrypted PMs ("WASTE Stealth User Chat").
Usernames starting with . are no longer hidden from the rest of the network.
You can now chat with a blank username, but you can't recieve replies, except for encrypted PMs which work off key signatures instead.
 Removed 'other names color' option added by SourceForge team. Their code introduced that annoying "chat scroll" flickering chat window bug.
 Added "Encrypted Chat user" option to menus to make encrypted PMs more user friendly.
 Added "Allow incoming encrypted user chats" to preferences.

my changes:
-Added Transfers Button
-Added Preferences Button
-Added Static Text "Connections"

Download win32:
Waste-1.6.421-special-win32.zip

Sourcecode:
WASTE-1.6.421-special-src.zip

Offline diogenes

• Planet Peer Community
    • View Profile
Re: W-A-S-T-E S-p-e-c-i-a-l E-d-i-t-i-o-n 2
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 10:15:10 PM »
awsome now we just need people to use it ;)

Offline PRaCh2fr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 08:37:37 AM »
This is truly excellent, THANK YOU!

Now we just need to fix the problem of username collision - if two people are logged in with the same username they never see each other, and one person won't see both.

Though with this update, i see, they'll initaite two message windows, so at least they'll know there are two people with the same user ID.

Perhaps attaching some notes to each signature to detect spoofers would be a good idea too.

Offline mindflow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 10:41:38 PM »
Great work... ;D

Sidenote: If you're up to it... a prompt on sending files would be nice. Annoying when you dl something halfway thru and someone snags that very file before completion, leaving the end result pixelated, thus forcing you to hand it out twice. Just about the only thing that's lacking at the moment in my op.

Other than that...  :-* :-* :-*

Offline bongnoise

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 01:05:33 AM »
hello,

this is bongnoise or bong_noises, the creator of 1.6. i realize i'm a little late to the party and all, but i lost interest in WASTE. if anyone is still working on or interested in this wonderful app please feel free to contact me, i fell in love with the code from the moment we first met and i can provide insight into the workings of a WASTE network and why 1.6 was an improvement in security over 1.5

my email address is codemonkey at gmail, with 0s instead of os and 3s instead of es.

Offline bongnoise

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 01:20:00 AM »
This is truly excellent, THANK YOU!

Now we just need to fix the problem of username collision - if two people are logged in with the same username they never see each other, and one person won't see both.

Though with this update, i see, they'll initaite two message windows, so at least they'll know there are two people with the same user ID.

Perhaps attaching some notes to each signature to detect spoofers would be a good idea too.

the encrypted chat window shows the first few characters of the key signature in the title, but unless you had memorized the key signature of your friend, it doesn't help to see if the name you are chatting with is really who they claim to be... so yeah, the only way to tell is if you are lucky enough to try and initiate an encrypted chat session and see two windows pop up. has this been addressed in 1.7?

diogenes can tell you some stories about getting messed with by a certain stoned WASTE hacker who had discovered global chat snooping and spoofing abilities... :D