Author Topic: New MUTE MFC version?  (Read 5282 times)

Offline submarine

• Regular
    • View Profile
New MUTE MFC version?
« on: June 06, 2006, 06:24:07 PM »
Does anyone know if mute mfc development will be continued in the future?

switching to jasons mute 0.5 client is really frustrating since the mute mfc client had much more features and looked much nicer.... :(

Offline Markus

• Administrator
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • http://www.planetpeer.de
Re: New MUTE MFC version?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 06:44:46 PM »
Does anyone know if mute mfc development will be continued in the future?

switching to jasons mute 0.5 client is really frustrating since the mute mfc client had much more features and looked much nicer.... :(
I donīt know if JROC is willing to resume development on his MUTE MFC client. But hey, why donīt you ask him kindly? If he sees that there is a lot of demand maybe he produces MUTE MFC 0.0.8 ;D

Cheers,
Markus

Offline crypton

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 06:56:37 PM »
i have asked him 2 month ago, i dont know but i think when he have time then he will add my changes on gui
and then the latest core from MUTE 0.5 too .

« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 06:39:40 AM by defnax »

Offline jrocnuck

• Regular
  • MUTE MFC Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 02:26:29 AM »
I have already started integrating the MUTE 0.5 changes.  I have to say that the change log for MUTE 0.5 makes is sound a lot better than what the code changes actually appear to be.

I haven't integrated the multi sourced part yet.  I have upgraded all of the lower level crypto api, and small fixes for things like memory leaks.

The last part will be the most difficult and I don't have a lot of time to do it.  Life demands a lot, living very little time to do coding development.  I would still love to find somebody who would like to assume ownership of the program and take over future development.  My real opinion is that the program would benefit greatly if someone were to redesign it from scratch.  Currently there seems to be a lot of things that would benefit from an over haul.

-Keep your eyes out for some kind of new release in the next month or two.

I can get "betas" out, but really the program is no different than it was in version 0.0.7.  I have also added Brazilian Portuguese to the program thanks to Diogo Kollross.
-peace out...

keep it real,
JROC...

Offline crypton

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 04:52:08 PM »
hi

i hope we see this year a new update of mute mfc?