Author Topic: MFC-MUTE v0.0.7 RELEASED 10-12-2005  (Read 14955 times)

Offline Polecat

• Regular
  • Planet Peer Community
    • View Profile
Re: MFC-MUTE v0.0.7 RELEASED 10-12-2005
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2005, 09:14:04 AM »
I think as carpenter i'm not the best help for you  ;D all i can do is share... and of course build houses. If u need a helping hand one day call me up  ;)

Regards Polecat

Offline muted

• Planet Peer Community
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2005, 02:48:18 AM »
With win 98 the following error is produced:

winocc.cpp
line 301
for information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

The graphic user interface comes up on the screen but the error pops up, the cursor behaves strangely, and telling the program to ignore the error results in the same error message in short order.

A fix would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 02:52:36 AM by muted »

Offline jrocnuck

• Regular
  • MUTE MFC Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 01:50:58 AM »
muted,
  Is there any chance that you could go to this site:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/installx86.mspx

download, install, and then run the program through this debugger, and then give me the call stack when you get this assertion.

The assertion happens because a window handle is invalid.  I don't have Win98, so I can't run this to figure out which window is causing the program to assert.  If I find out which window is causing this, I can edit the code to avoid having this problem in the future.

Thanks,
JROC
-peace out...

keep it real,
JROC...

Offline muted

• Planet Peer Community
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2005, 04:44:30 AM »
As far as I can tell, there is a WinMe debugger and a debugger for newer generations of Windows but none at that link for Win98.  I tried the WinMe one but it refused to install on Win98.  Suggestions?

Offline jrocnuck

• Regular
  • MUTE MFC Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2005, 03:30:59 PM »
I didn't realize those debuggers were only for xp/2000...

at what stage does this problem happen for you?

I may be able to compile a non - debug version that way you won't see the messages..
-peace out...

keep it real,
JROC...

Offline tobiash

• Regular
  • If I can have it, you can have it too
    • View Profile
    • MyMute
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005, 07:58:05 AM »
are there any reasons for you to claim that the mute network is currently shrinking or is it just some kind of gut feeling?
My criteria is the available content in an anonymous network and my feeling is that the network provided more content (audio/video/whatever) a couple of weeks before than it does as of now.

@all:

What is your feeling with the recent status of the MUTE network? Do you think it has more nodes than ever before? Or do you rather think it shrinks?

CU,
Markus

This summer (May - September) the mute-net was shrinkink! Number of nodes and webcaches was going down and there was less content then ther had been in a long time!
But now the number of nodes and webcaches are raising again, and I belive that there is more users now then ever!
Ofcause this is just my gut feeling, but it is supported by more traffic on my webcaches, more uploads from my node and the fact that it is very easy to find neigbors when starting my mute-client.

Tobiash
Truth is in the eye of the observer!