Author Topic: Development tools  (Read 3305 times)

Offline dlm7

• Planet Peer Community
    • View Profile
Development tools
« on: September 11, 2005, 09:01:28 PM »
Hello, I'm looking to help out a little bit with development, if I can.  I'm a relative newbie to windows programming (MFC), but I'm sure there are a few things I can do and can learn quick.  Ideally I'd like to help see swarming multiple sources incorporated into Mute.

I've read the pinned thread from jroc about how to build from the source.  I was able to pull out an old VC++ 6.0 Compilier that I had left over from colelge days, but it seems that it isn't compiling the code (120 errors, many warnings about outdated stuff) .  jroc says he had psdk july 2003 installed, I have the stock with SP6 appleid, so I think this is the trouble.  However, I've also heard that the Feburary 2003 PSDK was actually the last one that was fully compatible with VC++ 6.0. 

I've been trying to find either the July or Feburary  2003 PSDK, but am haqving no luck.  It looks like microsoft decided to quit supplying this and web sources are scant. 

Does anyone have a guide or anything for getting this setup with a newer visual studios, or perhaps have a copy of the needed PSDK lying around that I could, uh, borrow (hint: I use Mute and hear that this available on MSDN *cough* *cough*) ?  I'd really like to help but can't now. :(  One source will sell me the old Psdk, but they are going to ship it to me and charge me shipping and handling.  I don't want that, I think it is BS, this should be available online and I shouldn't have to pay -- It used to be available free.

Offline jrocnuck

• Regular
  • MUTE MFC Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Development tools
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 03:58:24 AM »
I think you can still order it for free:

https://www.qdirect.net/qmsfp/Product.aspx?Item=1748

-peace out...

keep it real,
JROC...